Decided to take a run up to Toy’s R Us @ Birstall today at lunchtime and was very surprised when I was welcomed by a shelf full of Grimlock. Safe in the knowledge I had just received a healthy tax rebate I decided to have one, on the way back to work feeling a bit chuffed to say the least (my favourite character after all).
Sitting here now typing this “review” I am still happy with my purchase but is dulled slightly by Hasbro’s cost cutting.
- The plastic is inferior to the Takara Version
- The joint’s feel looser, will remedy shortly
- Rounded off claws and teeth (some child safety law thing)
It’s not all a lost cause
- Paint detailing is better that the Takara version – in line with the G1 toy
- Window display box
- Not bogged down with the useless apron, tray and brain transfer thingy bob
Closing, as I am not going over old ground with transformation detail and deeper critique (this has been done elsewhere) if you have a spare £59.99 and are close to a Toy’s R us then bag one. It is worth it, well, just !